Higadillo recipe is a fusion of lechon paksiw, pork adobo and Igado all in one. It’s mouth watering and bursting with flavors. Feel free to add additional ingredients. For an add on you can also add strips of potatoes, carrots and green peas. Happy cooking!
- 1 kilogram pork belly, cut into strips
- 1 onion, minced
- 2 tomatoes, sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup pork or beef liver, cut into strips
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tbsp vinegar
- 3/4 cup sarsa ni Mang Tomas (lechon sauce or liver sauce)
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- cooking oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 Dahon ng laurel (bay leaf)
- In a pan, heat oil and sautè garlic until lightly brownish but not toasted. Add minced onions and sautè until translucent. Add sliced tomatoes and mashed it with a large spoon to squeeze out juice.
- Next, add the strips of pork and liver. Let it cook and simmer over low heat for about 20 minutes until the meat becomes tender.
- Season with patis and continue to cook. Pour in water and vinegar. But don’t stir it. Cover pan and let it simmer for additional 5 minutes.
- Then, sprinkle sugar, add bay leaf and pour in sarsa ni mang tomas. Simmer for additional 10 minutes to thicken the sauce. Season with salt and pepper to adjust taste if needed. Turn off heat.
- Serve hot and enjoy!
Some visual and written contents are copyrighted to their respective and considerate owners. We do not claim that these recipes or photos are proprietary to us. If this is yours and you would like it to be removed and not shared with others, please let us know by sending an email to contact @ lutongbahayrecipe.com, you may use our website contact form or by sending a message on our Facebook page. Read our disclaimer.