Mais con Yelo or Maíz con hielo is a creamy, sweet and refreshing snack food popular in the Philippines. This dessert recipe is made by mixing whole kernel corn, milk, sugar and shaved ice. Mais con yelo is one the best summer treats and is truly refreshing.
Mais Con Yelo Recipe
- 1/2 cup canned sweet corn kernels
- 2-5 tbsp. cornflakes, crushed
- 1/4 cup condensed milk
- 1/4 cup evaporated milk
- 2-5 tbsp. white sugar according to your taste
- 2-3 cups shaved or crushed
- 2 scoops vanilla, sweet corn, or mango flavored ice cream (optional)
- Crush or shave the ice using an shaved ice machine, blender, or food processor.
- Combine evaporated milk and condensed milk in a large bowl.
- Place 2 tablespoons of corn kernels in each tall glass
- Add a layer of shaved or crushed ice on top of the corn kernels.
- Add another 2 tablespoons of corn kernels followed by another layer of ice
- Add remaining corn kernels on top of the ice.
- Sprinkle crushed cornflakes on top.
- Pour-in half milk mixture into each glass then add sugar according to
- Top with a scoop of ice cream if desired.
Some visual and written contents are copyrighted to their respective and considerate owners. We do not claim that these recipes or photos are proprietary to us. If this is yours and you would like it to be removed and not shared with others, please let us know by sending an email to contact @ lutongbahayrecipe.com, you may use our website contact form or by sending a message on our Facebook page. Read our disclaimer.