Chicken Bicol Express is a filipino stew dish that’s cooked in coconut milk, ginger, garlic, and onion. The shrimp paste is added for saltiness while green chilies provides a mild spiciness to the current dish. Originally, it uses pork as the main ingredients. This time around, we will be using chicken! Try it out.
Chicken Bicol Express
- 1 kg Chicken breast fillet
- 10 cups Coconut milk
- 2 pcs Siling haba (Finger chili) sliced into pieces
- 1 pc Siling labuyo (Red chili) cut into pieces
- 1 pc Medium-sized onion chopped
- 5 cloves Garlic minced
- 5 tbsp Sautéed shrimp paste (Bagoong)
- 1 tbsp Sugar optional
- Ground black pepper to taste
- Cooking oil
- In a pan, saute the onion and garlic, until soft and fragrant.
- Add- in the bagoong, siling labuyo, and siling haba. Then stir for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add- in the chicken then stir until color turns medium brown.
- Add- in the coconut milk. Then season with ground black pepper and bagoong if needed.
- Simmer until chicken is tender and the sauce thickens.
Looking for other Lutong Bahay Recipes to try on? Feel free to check out our ulam recipes, desserts recipes and snacks recipes.
Some visual and written contents are copyrighted to their respective and considerate owners. We do not claim that these recipes or photos are proprietary to us. If this is yours and you would like it to be removed and not shared with others, please let us know by sending an email to contact @ lutongbahayrecipe.com, you may use our website contact form or by sending a message on our Facebook page. Read our disclaimer.
Leave a Reply