This banana flan is the version of mango float. Mango is a seasonal fruit while bananas are always available in the market (in tropical countries like the Philippines) and much cheaper than mangoes.
Banana Flan Recipe
- 1 tbsp butter
- 32 pcs butter cookies or Graham crackers (you can actually use slice bread, other types of crackers or cookies)
- 2 tbsp unflavored gelatin, softened in
- 1/2 cup water
- 1-1/4 cups condensed milk
- 2 cups water
- 2 eggs, well beaten
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 6 banana lacatan, sliced thinly diagonnaly
- Grease 9″x9″ ovenproof dish with butter.
- Lay half of the butter cookies or graham crackers at the bottom of the pan.
- Set aside. In a saucepan, dissolve gelatin with milk, water and eggs.
- Put over medium heat,stirring constantly until mixture thickens.
- Add vanilla extract. Pour half flan mixture over cookies.
- Let cool till half set.
- Layer up the bananas on top of the cookies of graham crackers.
- Press them lightly onto the flan. Chill and serve.
Some visual and written contents are copyrighted to their respective and considerate owners. We do not claim that these recipes or photos are proprietary to us. If this is yours and you would like it to be removed and not shared with others, please let us know by sending an email to contact @ lutongbahayrecipe.com, you may use our website contact form or by sending a message on our Facebook page. Read our disclaimer.