Adobong Hipon sa Gata is a delicious and flavorful shrimp dish which is cooked using two methods: inadobo and ginataan.
Adobong Hipon sa Gata Recipe
- 1 lb (500 g) fresh medium shrimp, shells intact
- One 12-oz (350-ml) can thick coconut milk or
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) coconut cream mixed with 3/4 cup (175 ml) water
- 3 cloves garlic, thinly sliced and fried until crisp, to garnish (optional)
- Kamias (see note) limes, sliced, to serve (optional)
For the Marinade:
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) Filipino vinegar (suka) or apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) water
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce (patis)or
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Pinch of freshly ground black pepper
- Combine the Marinade ingredients in a saucepan, place the shrimp in the pan and coat well, then set in the refrigerator to marinate for 1 hour.
- Remove the shrimp and bring the Marinade to a boil. Cook, uncovered, for 5 minutes.
- Reduce the heat, add the coconut milk and simmer for 15 minutes to allow the sauce to thicken. Return the shrimp to the pot, stir and bring to a boil.
- Immediately, remove from the heat and garnish with the fried garlic. Serve hot with the kamias limes on the side.
Some visual and written contents are copyrighted to their respective and considerate owners. We do not claim that these recipes or photos are proprietary to us. If this is yours and you would like it to be removed and not shared with others, please let us know by sending an email to contact @ lutongbahayrecipe.com, you may use our website contact form or by sending a message on our Facebook page. Read our disclaimer.