Spicy Chicken Adobo – Adobo is a signature dish of a Filipino culture.
The word “adobo” means seasoning which people usually add vinegar and soy sauce to pork/chicken. This is originated from about 16th -17th century when the Philippines was under the Spanish government. But some sources emphasize that Filipino already cook adobo before Spaniards invade Philippines.
Today, Lutong Bahay Recipe will guide you on how to ace this Spicy Chicken Adobo recipe. You don’t have to be skilled in cooking because it’s really easy for this to cook and even beginners can do it.
Spicy Chicken Adobo Recipe
- 1 whole Chicken (cut into parts)
- ½ cup soy sauce
- 1 whole garlic (chopped)
- 2tbsp Olive Oil/ cooking oil
- 1tsp iodized salt
- 2tbsp brown sugar
- 1tsp black pepper
- 1/2cup vinegar
- 2bay leaves
- 1 chopped red onion
- 1 ½ tsp chili powder
- ¼ cup water
- Marinate the sliced chicken with soy sauce, black pepper and salt into the bowl for 20-30mins. (This process is to tenderize and give savory taste to the chicken). Set aside.
Note: While you are waiting for step 2 to be finished, heat pan add olive oil.
- After heating, saute chopped garlic into the frying pan until it turned brown. Add sliced onions then the marinated chicken parts.
- Cover the pan and simmer for 3-5 minutes.
- Add vinegar, brown sugar, ¼ cup water and laurel leaves; Mix and cover again.
- Wait until the chicken becomes tender.
- Note: Stir and cook for 10 minutes.
- Turn the heat off, serve and enjoy.
Some visual and written contents are copyrighted to their respective and considerate owners. We do not claim that these recipes or photos are proprietary to us. If this is yours and you would like it to be removed and not shared with others, please let us know by sending an email to contact @ lutongbahayrecipe.com, you may use our website contact form or by sending a message on our Facebook page. Read our disclaimer.