Chopsuey is an American-Chinese dish consisting of meat and eggs, cooked quickly with vegetables such as bean sprouts, cabbage, and celery and bound in a starch-thickened sauce.
- 1/2 kg pork, sliced about 1 – 1 1/2 inches
- 10-12 pcs quail eggs (itlog ng pugo), boiled
- 2 – 3 tbsp cooking oil
- 5 cloves of garlic
- 1 medium onion, slice into 6 wedges
- 1/2 red bell pepper, sliced diagonally about 1/2 inch
- 1 cup water
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 cabbage, quartered
- 1 medium carrot, sliced
- 1/2 to 1 cup of cauliflower
- 1/2 to 1 cup of snow peas (chicharo) or baguio beans (alternative)
- 1 can of baby corn (optional)
- 1 tbsp magic sarap seasoning (optional)
- 2 tsp cornstarch diluted in 1/4 cup of water
- Saute the garlic and onion
- Add pork and red bell pepper, cook for 1 – 2 minutes
- Add 1 cup water and 1 tbsp oyster sauce
- Mix, then cover and bring to boil
- Add cabbage, carrots, cauliflower, snow peas/baguio beans and baby corn
- Add 1 tbsp magic sarap seasoning
- Put Salt and pepper to taste
- Mix, then cover and simmer for about 5 minutes until vegetables are half cooked
- Add quail eggs/itlog ng pugo (optional)
- Add diluted cornstarch mixture into the pot and mix well.
- Simmer for about a minute
- Serve hot and ENJOY!
Some visual and written contents are copyrighted to their respective and considerate owners. We do not claim that these recipes or photos are proprietary to us. If this is yours and you would like it to be removed and not shared with others, please let us know by sending an email to contact @ lutongbahayrecipe.com, you may use our website contact form or by sending a message on our Facebook page. Read our disclaimer.