Adobong Atay ng Manok – There are many variations of cooking adobo dish – be it pork, chicken, vegetables or a combination of both. And the recipes varies from region to region and even household to household. The most common is pork or chicken adobo and this alone has many variations. But the top of our favorites is Adobong Atay ng Manok or Chicken Liver Adobo especially if the liver has some sort of crisp in it and the adobo sauce is a bit thicker and darker than the usual.
Adobong Atay ng Manok Recipe
- 3/4 kilo Chicken Liver (and heart, if you desire)
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup Vinegar
- 2 Tbsp Soy Sauce
- 2 pcs Bay leaves
- 1 head garlic, chopped
- 1 large head garlic, minced
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- Whole black peppercorns
- In a wok or pan, add oil and fry 1/3 of the chopped garlic until crisp. Set aside for this will serve as toppings.
- Add more oil and fry (almost deep fry) chicken liver and set aside. Do it per batch depending on the size of your wok/pan.
- Reduce oil and saute minced garlic (the more garlic the better) and onions.
- Add the fried chicken liver (and heart), vinegar, soy sauce, pepper corn and bay leaves. Bring to a boil and simmer. You can adjust flavor by adding more vinegar, soy sauce and water. Add a little sugar to balance saltiness.
- Cover and continue to simmer for 5-7 minutes.
- Transfer to a serving plate then garnish with fried garlic (optional).
Some visual and written contents are copyrighted to their respective and considerate owners. We do not claim that these recipes or photos are proprietary to us. If this is yours and you would like it to be removed and not shared with others, please let us know by sending an email to contact @ lutongbahayrecipe.com, you may use our website contact form or by sending a message on our Facebook page. Read our disclaimer.