Adobong Labong or bamboo shoots adobo is another easy yet healthy dish. Normally, the bamboo shoots sliced and boiled then cooked in a blend of soy sauce and vinegar, season with sugar, salt and pepper.
Adobong Labong Recipe
- 250 grams bamboo shoots (labong),sliced
- 2 medium-sized Coconut (grated and freshly-milked)
- 200 grams pork, cut into small pieces
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 thumb-sized ginger, sliced thinly
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 10 pieces peppercorns
- 2 pieces bay leaves
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch(dissolved in 1/2 cup water)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- salt to taste
- 3 pieces red chili (siling labuyo), chopped (optional)
- In a pot, pour water and add bamboo shoots, uncover and bring to boil for 20 minutes or until soften. Drain and set aside.
- In a pan, heat oil and sauté garlic, onion and ginger.
- Add pork and stir-fry until brown.
- Add cooked bamboo shoots, cover and simmer for 3 minutes or until tender.
- Pour soy sauce, vinegar, pepper corns, bay leaves and sugar. Simmer for 5 minutes over low heat.
- Add chopped chili then season with salt according to taste.
- Pour dissolved mixture along with the coconut milk and simmer until thicken, turn off the heat. Serve hot.
Some visual and written contents are copyrighted to their respective and considerate owners. We do not claim that these recipes or photos are proprietary to us. If this is yours and you would like it to be removed and not shared with others, please let us know by sending an email to contact @ lutongbahayrecipe.com, you may use our website contact form or by sending a message on our Facebook page. Read our disclaimer.