Pork Adobo is a classic Filipino dish that is easy to make and very delicious. With this recipe you can either use pork or chicken where the meat is sauteed in garlic and simmered in soy sauce-vinegar mixture until sauce thickens. You can add more ingredients or a little bit of chili to make it spicy . Some variations of this recipe is includes the use of chicken or combination of pork and chicken.
Pork Adobo Recipe
- 1 & ½ lb pork belly, cubed
- 1 & ½ cup beef broth or water
- 5 tbsp soy sauce
- 3 tbsp coconut vinegar
- 1 & ½ teaspoons whole peppercorn
- 5 to 6 pcs dried bay/ laurel leaves
- 6 to 8 cloves garlic, crushed
- Salt, to taste
- 3 tbsp cooking oil
- In a cooking pot, pour-in and heat the cooking oil.
- When the oil is hot, add the crushed garlic.
- Cook until it starts to turn light brown.
- Add the whole peppercorns and bay leaves.
- Continue to cook this for about 20 seconds.
- Put the pork belly in the cooking pot.
- Stir and cook until it turns light brown
- At this point, check the garlic and make sure that it does not get burnt (you may adjust heat if necessary).
- Pour the soy sauce and the beef broth (or water) and let it boil.
- Cover and cook in low heat for 40 minutes or until the pork gets tender (add more beef broth or water in case the liquid starts to dry).
- Pour- in the vinegar and let the liquid re- boil.
- Stir and cook for another 8 minutes.
- Taste and add salt if needed.
- Remove from heat and transfer to a serving plate. Serve and enjoy!
Looking for other Lutong Bahay Recipes to try on? Feel free to check out our ulam recipes, desserts recipes and snacks recipes.
Some visual and written contents are copyrighted to their respective and considerate owners. We do not claim that these recipes or photos are proprietary to us. If this is yours and you would like it to be removed and not shared with others, please let us know by sending an email to contact @ lutongbahayrecipe.com, you may use our website contact form or by sending a message on our Facebook page. Read our disclaimer.
Leave a Reply