Adobo is indisputably Philippines official dish. There is no single original recipe because every Filipino household must have at least its own special adobo recipe. This Pinoy pork & chicken adobo dish is a classic: chicken and pork is simmered in a soy sauce-vinegar mixture resulting in a medley of savory flavors.
Pork and Chicken Adobo Recipe
- 1½ lbs pork belly, chopped
- 1½ lbs chicken, cut into serving pieces
- 3 to 4 pieces dried bay leaves
- 2 teaspoons whole peppercorn
- 1 head garlic, slightly crushed
- 6 tablespoons vinegar (white or sugar cane)
- ¾ to 1 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 cup water
- Salt to taste
- 3 tablespoons cooking oil
- Heat oil in a pan
- Once the oil becomes hot, add the garlic. Cook until the color turns golden brown.
- Remove the garlic and set aside. Add pork and chicken. Cook for 5 minutes or until the color turns light brown.
- Add whole peppercorn, bay leaves, oyster sauce, soy sauce, and water. Let boil and simmer until the meat gets tender.
- Add the sugar and stir.
- Pour-in vinegar and let boil.Simmer until most of the liquid evaporates.
- Add salt to taste. Put-in the fried garlic, stir, and cook for 2 minutes.
- Serve. Share and enjoy!
Some visual and written contents are copyrighted to their respective and considerate owners. We do not claim that these recipes or photos are proprietary to us. If this is yours and you would like it to be removed and not shared with others, please let us know by sending an email to contact @ lutongbahayrecipe.com, you may use our website contact form or by sending a message on our Facebook page. Read our disclaimer.