Sinigang na Manok – Sinigang is an authentic Filipino dish. The basic ingredient of sinigang can either be chicken, pork, fish, beef or shrimp with a lot of vegetables. The souring ingredients often used are either tamarind, calamansi, kamias or guava. Although, fresh tamarind or tamarind mix is the most popular souring ingredient which is readily available.
Sinigang na Manok Recipe
- 500 gms chicken, cut into serving pieces
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 2 tomatoes, quartered
- 1 tamarind soup mix
- 1 bunch string beans (sitaw)
- 1 large radish, sliced diagonally
- 1 bunch kangkong
- 2 finger chilies (siling haba)
- 5 cups water
- 2 tsp vegetable oil
- salt/fish sauce
- In a pot, heat oil over medium heat and saute garlic, onion and tomatoes.
- Stir in chicken and cook until lightly browned.
- Add water, tamarind soup mix and season with salt/fish sauce. Simmer for about 30 minutes.
- Add radish and string beans and cook until tender.
- Add kangkong and finger chilies.
- Serve hot and enjoy.
Some visual and written contents are copyrighted to their respective and considerate owners. We do not claim that these recipes or photos are proprietary to us. If this is yours and you would like it to be removed and not shared with others, please let us know by sending an email to contact @ lutongbahayrecipe.com, you may use our website contact form or by sending a message on our Facebook page. Read our disclaimer.