Tuna by far is best fish to cook for lunch. Lutong Bahay Recipe will give you a step by step guide on how to cook the Sinigang na Tuna.
Sinigang na Tuna Recipe
- 2 lbs tuna jaw panga ng tuna
- 8 cups water
- 2 cups string beans sitaw, cut in 2 inches length
- 3 pieces medium-sized egg plant sliced
- 8 pieces okra cleaned
- 1 bunch water spinach kangkong, chopped
- 4 to 6 pieces medium-sized tomatoes halved
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce patis
- Sinigang mix good for 2 liters of water
- 4 pieces Thai chilies or 3 pieces finger chilies siling pansigang
- Heat a cooking pot and pour-in the water. Bring to a boil.
- Put-in the onions and tomatoes and cook until tender.
- Put-in the tuna jaw and simmer for 15 minutes
- Add the sinigang mix, chilies, and fish sauce then simmer for another 3 minutes.
- Put-in the okra and string beans and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add the eggplant and give additional 5 minutes to cook.
- Mix-in the water spinach and simmer for a minute. Turn the heat off, cover the pot, and allow residual heat to completely cook the water spinach.
- Transfer to a serving bowl and serve hot.
Some visual and written contents are copyrighted to their respective and considerate owners. We do not claim that these recipes or photos are proprietary to us. If this is yours and you would like it to be removed and not shared with others, please let us know by sending an email to contact @ lutongbahayrecipe.com, you may use our website contact form or by sending a message on our Facebook page. Read our disclaimer.