Ginataang manok is a simple and easy dish to make. This chicken recipe is cooked in coconut milk with vegetables add-ons to spice up the flavor.
To make this dish, simply saute chicken pieces in garlic, onion and ginger. Once it is cooked, add the coconut milk, vegetables and seasonings. We usually add kalabasa (squash) and sitaw (stringbeans). Although, others add green papaya/chayote instead of kalabasa and pechay/bok choy instead of stringbeans. We’re very sure all versions are taste deliciously. Just grab those chicken parts and vegetables, let’s get cooking!
Ginataang Manok Recipe
- 500 gms chicken, cut into serving pieces
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 thumb size ginger, sliced
- 2 cups kalabasa or squash, sliced
- 8 pcs stringbeans, cut into 1 inch length
- 2 cups coconut milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tsp cooking oil
- fish sauce
- salt and pepper
1. In a pot, heat oil and saute garlic, onion and ginger.
2. Add the chicken pieces and fish sauce. Cook until lightly browned.
3. Add water and coconut milk and bring to a boil.
4. Put the kalabasa and cook until slightly tender then add the sitaw.
5. Season with salt and pepper.
Looking for other Lutong Bahay Recipes to try on? Feel free to check out our ulam recipes, desserts recipes and snacks recipes.
Some visual and written contents are copyrighted to their respective and considerate owners. We do not claim that these recipes or photos are proprietary to us. If this is yours and you would like it to be removed and not shared with others, please let us know by sending an email to contact @ lutongbahayrecipe.com, you may use our website contact form or by sending a message on our Facebook page. Read our disclaimer.
Leave a Reply