Try this recipe Lechon Fried Rice from your leftover lechon kawali and have a great meal.
Lechon Fried Rice Recipe
- Leftover lechon kawali or roasted lechon, sliced into bite-size pieces.
- 4 cups of chilled, cooked rice
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons of minced garlic
- 3 tablespoons of soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup of green peas
- 1⁄4 cup of spring onions, chopped
- Freshly ground black pepper
- cooking oil
- Heat a large pan or wok over medium heat.
- Add 1 tablespoon of cooking oil.
- Now add the eggs to the pan.
- Scramble the eggs then set it aside.
- In the same pan, add 1 tablespoon of cooking oil followed by 2 tablespoons of minced garlic.
- Cook the garlic until it begins to turn golden brown.
- Add the leftover lechon to the pan then stir fry for about 2 minutes.
- Next add the green peas to the pan then cook for an additional 3 minutes.
- Add the rice to the pan then quickly toss and mix the rice with the rest of the ingredients.
- Break up any remaining clumps of rice by pressing down on them with a spatula.
- Stir and mix the rice continuously to avoid scorching.
- Add soy sauce and black pepper to taste.
- Continue to stir and cook for about 5-7 minutes or until the rice is hot and well blended.
- Add chopped spring onions and scrambled eggs to the pan.
- Mix until well blended.
- Turn off the heating element and transfer the lechon fried rice to a serving bowl.
- Eat while the rice is still warm and the lechon is crispy.
Some visual and written contents are copyrighted to their respective and considerate owners. We do not claim that these recipes or photos are proprietary to us. If this is yours and you would like it to be removed and not shared with others, please let us know by sending an email to contact @ lutongbahayrecipe.com, you may use our website contact form or by sending a message on our Facebook page. Read our disclaimer.