Taisan Filipino Chiffon cake – is a soft, spongy, sweet, chiffon cake. It is baked in a loaf pan and brushed with butter when it comes out of the oven. It’s perfect with a cup of coffee and often served with grated cheese on top in the Philippines.
Taisan (Filipino Chiffon Cake) Recipe
- 1 cup+ 4 tablespoons cake flour, sifted
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Egg yolks of 4 large eggs
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup sugar
- ¼ cup evaporated milk
- 1 ½ tablespoons water
- ½ tablespoon unsalted butter, melted
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
Egg White Side:
- Egg whites of 6 large eggs
- ¼ teaspoon cream of tartar
- ½ cup sugar
- For toppings:
- melted butter
- grated white cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Lightly grease a loaf pan with butter.
- Sift together the dry ingredients (cake flour, baking powder, and salt). Set aside.
- In a big bowl, combine egg yolks, vanilla extract, 1/ 4 cup sugar, milk, water, butter and oil. Using an electric mixer, mix until well blended.
- Add dry ingredients and continue mixing for 2 minutes until batter is smooth. Scrape once in a while. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, beat egg whites, cream of tartar and sugar for 1 minute at low speed. Increase to medium speed for 4-5 minutes or until a medium-peak is form.
- Gently fold the egg yolk mixture to whipped egg whites until the ingredients are combined.
- Pour batter over prepared pan.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until a cake tester inserted comes out clean.
- Let it stand for 5-10 minutes before removing from the pan.
- Brush the top lightly with butter, then sprinkled with sugar and grated cheese.
- Serve and enjoy!
Some visual and written contents are copyrighted to their respective and considerate owners. We do not claim that these recipes or photos are proprietary to us. If this is yours and you would like it to be removed and not shared with others, please let us know by sending an email to contact @ lutongbahayrecipe.com, you may use our website contact form or by sending a message on our Facebook page. Read our disclaimer.