Chicken tapa recipe is the chicken version of that popular dish. Just like beef tapa, this chicken dish may be enjoyed any time of the day. It is easy to make and a big hit every time you make it for your family.
Chicken Tapa Recipe
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- 1 can (355 mL) ginger ale
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 head garlic minced
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- Vegetable oil for frying
- Optional step: Put the chicken thigh between two pieces of plastic wrap and pound it out on both sides with the flat side of a meat tenderizer. Repeat with the remaining chicken pieces. Set aside.
- In a large bowl or Ziploc bag, combine ingredients for the marinade. Add chicken, cover or seal and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Remove meat from the marinade and drain well. Pat chicken pieces dry with paper towels.
- Pan fry meat, in batches in hot oil until brown.
- Serve with steamed rice and slices of tomatoes, cucumber and vinegar dipping sauce on the side.
Some visual and written contents are copyrighted to their respective and considerate owners. We do not claim that these recipes or photos are proprietary to us. If this is yours and you would like it to be removed and not shared with others, please let us know by sending an email to contact @ lutongbahayrecipe.com, you may use our website contact form or by sending a message on our Facebook page. Read our disclaimer.