The Lumpiang Shanghai or Spring Rolls is another popular dish that came from the Chinese. It was originally called lunpia and was brought to the Philippines by local Chinese traders. It is made of ground pork or beef, finely chopped shrimps, minced onions, minced carrots, and several spices wrapped in specially made wrapper called the lumpia wrapper.
Lumpiang Shanghai Recipe
- 1 lb. ground pork or ground beef
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onions
- 1/2 cup finely chopped carrots
- 1 cup chopped shrimps
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 whole egg
- salt and pepper, to taste
- lumpia wrapper
- Mix all the ingredients in a bowl.
- In a cooking pan, heat 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil and fry the mixture until it is half-cooked.
- Remove excess oil by using a strainer.
- Wrap the meat into rolls with the lumpia wrapper. Use egg whites to seal the wrapper.
- Fry in deep hot oil until the color becomes medium brown.
- Drain in paper towels to remove excess oil.
- Serve with your favorite dipping sauce.
Looking for other Lutong Bahay Recipes to try on? Feel free to check out our ulam recipes, desserts recipes and snacks recipes.
Some visual and written contents are copyrighted to their respective and considerate owners. We do not claim that these recipes or photos are proprietary to us. If this is yours and you would like it to be removed and not shared with others, please let us know by sending an email to contact @ lutongbahayrecipe.com, you may use our website contact form or by sending a message on our Facebook page. Read our disclaimer.
Leave a Reply