Homemade Tikoy – you can make one at home from scratch and it is so easy to do.
Homemade Tikoy Recipe
- 2 1/2 cups glutinous rice flour
- ½ cup white sugar (adjust sugar to sweetness preference)
- 2 cups water
- In a pot over lowest heat, pour water and mix in sugar until melted. Turn of heat.
- Then, gradually add glutinous rice flour into the hot water with sugar (by batches). Continue mixing well until all ingredients are incorporated and no lumps left. Strain it if needed to have a smooth finishing.
- Grease a round pan with enough oil or cover base with baking paper for easy unmolding. Pour the mixture to the greased pan
- Prepare steamer and let water boil first before starting to steam. Steam for 1 hour over medium heat. Do a toothpick test if it’s cook. It should come out clean when inserted in the center. Don’t forget to cover your pan with clean cloth to prevent water drippings on mixture.
- Once tikoy is cooked, remove it from steamer and let cool on a wire rack. Unmold it and seal with plastic wrap if your planning to sell it.
- Serve and enjoy!
Some visual and written contents are copyrighted to their respective and considerate owners. We do not claim that these recipes or photos are proprietary to us. If this is yours and you would like it to be removed and not shared with others, please let us know by sending an email to contact @ lutongbahayrecipe.com, you may use our website contact form or by sending a message on our Facebook page. Read our disclaimer.