Homemade Piaya is one of the best Filipino snack ever. It is a sweet toasted flatbread. It has thin crust with a hidden muscovado filling or sometimes ube filling and toasted in a gridle. Serve it warm from the gridle with your favorite coffee.
Homemade Piaya Recipe
- 2 cups all – purpose flour
- 10 tbsp. oil
- ½ cup muscovado sugar
- 4 tbsp. water
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 8 tbsps. Oil
- 7 tbsps. Water
- ½ cup sesame seeds
First Portion Mixture:
- Mix half of the flour and half of the oil: combine them well using a large bowl.
- Slice it into 20 equal sizes and set aside.
For The Filling:
- Pour a little water to the muscovado sugar to make it moist. Divide it also into 20 portions, set aside.
2nd Portion Mixture:
- Mix the remaining flour, oil and some water. Knead to a cylinder and divide into 20 as portions as well.
- Flatten each portion and top with the First Portion Mixture. Roll out and stuff with muscovado filling. Close the edges.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Bake in a preheat oven in medium heat or grill until brown on the outside. Serve it warm and fresh. Enjoy!
Some visual and written contents are copyrighted to their respective and considerate owners. We do not claim that these recipes or photos are proprietary to us. If this is yours and you would like it to be removed and not shared with others, please let us know by sending an email to contact @ lutongbahayrecipe.com, you may use our website contact form or by sending a message on our Facebook page. Read our disclaimer.