Buttered Puto is a variety of the well known steamed rice cake, Puto. This steamed little cakes are generally eaten as sweet yet most want to make them your breakfast (with hot espresso or chocolate) or mid-evening nibble (normally eaten with dinuguan or blood stew). In the event that you are searching for a simple puto formula that you can take after, this is the one for you.
Buttered Puto Recipe
- 4 cups flour, sifted
- 2 cups sugar, sifted
- 2 1/2 tbsp baking powder
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 1/8 teaspoon Pandan essence
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 piece egg, raw
- small slices of cheese
- 4 cups water (for steaming)
- In a mixing bowl, combine the dry ingredients starting from the flour, sugar,and baking powder then mix well.
- Add the butter, evaporated milk, egg, water and pandan essence (dissolve the pandan essence in water) then mix all the ingredients thoroughly.
- Pour the mixture in individual molds
- If you are using non – quick melt Filipino brand cheese, You may put the cheese on top of the mixture otherwise put the cheese on top after steaming (step 6)
- Pour the water in the steamer.
- Arrange the molds in the steamer then steam for about 20 minutes
- If you are using quick melt cheese,remove the cover of the steamer and top each puto with quick melt cheese then continue steaming (with the cover on) for 2 to 5 minutes
- Remove from the mold and arrange in a serving plate
- Serve either hot or cold.Share and Enjoy!
Image Source: ibakebyjanicepinto
Some visual and written contents are copyrighted to their respective and considerate owners. We do not claim that these recipes or photos are proprietary to us. If this is yours and you would like it to be removed and not shared with others, please let us know by sending an email to contact @ lutongbahayrecipe.com, you may use our website contact form or by sending a message on our Facebook page. Read our disclaimer.