A pork hocks or pork knuckle is the joint between the tibia/fibula and the metatarsals of the foot, where the foot was attached to the hog’s leg. It is the portion of the leg that is neither part of the ham proper nor the foot or ankle, but rather the extreme shank end of the leg bone.
Pork Paksiw Recipe
- 3 lbs. hita ng baboy(pork hocks), sliced crosswise
- 1 (8 oz.) can pineapple chunks
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 8 cups water
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 4 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 pack (1 oz.) dried banana blossoms, washed and soaked in water
- 4 to 6 pieces bay leaves
- 1 tablespoon whole peppercorn
- 1 piece beef cube (optional)
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- salt to taste
- Pour 6 cups water in a cooking pot. Let boil.
- Add the pork hocks. Continue to boil for 30 minutes. Discard the water used for boiling and then place the boiled pork hock in a plate. Set aside.
- Heat the oil in a clean cooking pot. Once the oil gets hot, sauté the garlic until it turns light brown.
- Put the boiled pork hock in the cooking pot. Stir and then add soy sauce, pineapple chunks including the juice, remaining 2 cups water, bay leaves, and peppercorn. Let boil. Continue to cook for 15 minutes.
- Add the banana blossom, beef cube and brown sugar. Stir and cook for 10 minutes.
- Add the vinegar. Let the liquid reboil and then stir. Continue to cook until the pork becomes tender. The sauce should be reduced at this point. Note that you may add more water if you need extra time to tenderize the pork.
- Add salt to taste.
- Transfer to a serving plate.
- Serve. Share and enjoy!
Image Source: dianaskitchen
Looking for other Lutong Bahay Recipes to try on? Feel free to check out our ulam recipes, desserts recipes and snacks recipes.
Some visual and written contents are copyrighted to their respective and considerate owners. We do not claim that these recipes or photos are proprietary to us. If this is yours and you would like it to be removed and not shared with others, please let us know by sending an email to contact @ lutongbahayrecipe.com, you may use our website contact form or by sending a message on our Facebook page. Read our disclaimer.
Leave a Reply