Banana cake is a cake prepared using banana as a primary ingredient and typical cake ingredients. It can be prepared in various manners, such as a layer cake, as muffins and as cupcakes.
- 1⁄4 cups white sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1 cup mashed banana (use bananas that are turning black)
- 1 1⁄2 cups cake flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease and flour a 9×9 inch pan.
- Dissolve baking soda in the sour cream.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light.
- Add eggs and beat well.
- Add sour cream/baking soda mixture, mashed bananas and vanilla stir to combine.
- Add cake flour and mix well.
- Pour batter into a 9×9 inch pan and bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes or until done.
Some visual and written contents are copyrighted to their respective and considerate owners. We do not claim that these recipes or photos are proprietary to us. If this is yours and you would like it to be removed and not shared with others, please let us know by sending an email to contact @ lutongbahayrecipe.com, you may use our website contact form or by sending a message on our Facebook page. Read our disclaimer.