Roasted Pork Loin is a larger section of the loin which is roasted. It can take two forms: ‘bone in’, which still has the loin ribs attached, or ‘boneless’, which is often tied with butchers string to prevent the roast from falling apart.
Roasted Pork Loin Recipe
- 1 ½ kilo pork loin
- 2 heads garlic, minced
- 1 ½ tablespoon table salt
- ¼ cup calamansi, juice
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 small bottle orange marmalade
- (the marmalade adds flavor and sweetness)
- 2 cups water
- 1 pc beef broth cube (bouillon)
- 3 tablespoon soy sauce
- 5 tablespoon cornstarch
- In a large bowl, mix all the marinade ingredients; garlic, salt, calamansi juice, pepper and orange marmalade with the pork loin. Cover it (or cling wrap) and place back in fridge to marinate overnight.
- The next day, transfer the pork in a tray and wrap the pork in an aluminum foil with the marinade sauce. Roast in a preheated oven at 350°F for one hour.
- (For every kilo of pork you need to roast it for 40 minutes. Thus, a 1 ½ kilo of pork loin will need an hour to roast.)
- After one hour of roasting, remove tray from the oven and open the foil. Then roast it back in the oven for additional 30 minutes or until you achieve a golden brown color of roast pork.
- In a small pot, add water, beef broth cube, soy sauce and some excess drippings from the roasted pork loin. Let it boil.
- Make a slurry by dissolving 5 tablespoon cornstarch with 3 tablespoon water. Pour the slurry mixture over the boiling sauce. Stir it well and continue to simmer until gravy is thickened.
Slice the tenderloin and place in a large serving platter with a small bowl of gravy on the side. Serve and enjoy!
Looking for other Lutong Bahay Recipes to try on? Feel free to check out our ulam recipes, desserts recipes and snacks recipes.
Some visual and written contents are copyrighted to their respective and considerate owners. We do not claim that these recipes or photos are proprietary to us. If this is yours and you would like it to be removed and not shared with others, please let us know by sending an email to contact @ lutongbahayrecipe.com, you may use our website contact form or by sending a message on our Facebook page. Read our disclaimer.
Leave a Reply