Homemade Monte Cristo Sandwich – Two slices of french toasted brioche cover ham and melted swiss cheese with a layer of raspberry jam! I swear to god this is the best sweet/salty combo ever.
So if you really want to try this one, and some ingredients are not available, please feel free to substitute the cheese, mustard and fruit jam.
This sandwich recipe is easy and delicious recipe of ham and cheese. Kids ideal “baon” sandwich pack for school. Happy cooking and enjoy!
Monte Cristo Sandwich Recipe
- 4 slices thickly sliced white bread
- 4 slices deli ham or turkey (or both)
- 4 slices cheddar/swiss cheese
- 4 slices of mozzarella cheese
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise, divided
- 3-4 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
- 1 tablespoon Dijon/Honey mustard, divided
- kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- powdered sugar, garnish
- raspberry jam or fruit preserves, optional, garnish
- In a wide, shallow bowl, beat eggs and milk together, and season with salt and pepper. Assemble two sandwiches; mustard on one piece of bread, mayonnaise on the other, ham/turkey and cheese inside.
- Put sandwich together and lightly butter the outsides of each piece of bread. (1/2 tablespoons per side.)
- Melt another 1 tablespoon butter in a medium pan or skillet over medium heat and dip both sides of sandwich in egg mixture, pressing down to make sure it really absorbs mixture, and transfer to skillet.
- Cook until golden brown on the bottom, about 2 minutes, and then flip and cook other side for another 1-2 minutes, or until golden brown and cheese is melted. Repeat with second sandwich, using remaining butter to grease pan.
- Transfer to serving plates, dust lightly with powdered sugar and serve immediately with jam or fruit preserves. Enjoy!
Some visual and written contents are copyrighted to their respective and considerate owners. We do not claim that these recipes or photos are proprietary to us. If this is yours and you would like it to be removed and not shared with others, please let us know by sending an email to contact @ lutongbahayrecipe.com, you may use our website contact form or by sending a message on our Facebook page. Read our disclaimer.