Pork Ribs Nilaga – On rainy days, one dish that comes to mind is pork ribs nilaga. The word nilaga means boiled meat and vegetables. This recipe is similar to the chicken nilaga recipe I posted a few months ago. The only difference is in the kind of meat used. What I love about this dish is it has meat and vegetables such as potatoes, green beans, and cabbage. I also add saba whenever it is available.
You can prepare this dish by initially boiling the pork ribs in water. Once the meat is tender, add the seasonings and vegetables. Serve in a bowl and you have a delicious pork ribs nilaga which you can enjoy for lunch or supper.
Pork Ribs Nilaga Recipe
- 500 gms pork ribs, cut into serving pieces
- 3 pcs potato, quartered
- 8 pcs green beans, ends trimmed
- 3 pcs saba, sliced diagonally
- 1/2 cabbage, sliced
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1/2 tsp peppercorns
- fish sauce
- 7 cups water
- In a large pot, add water and pork ribs. Boil for an hour over medium heat.
- Once the meat is tender, add the onion, peppercorns and fish sauce. Simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add the potatoes followed by saba and green beans.
- Once the vegetables are tender, add the cabbage.
- Season with fish sauce.
- Serve hot.
Some visual and written contents are copyrighted to their respective and considerate owners. We do not claim that these recipes or photos are proprietary to us. If this is yours and you would like it to be removed and not shared with others, please let us know by sending an email to contact @ lutongbahayrecipe.com, you may use our website contact form or by sending a message on our Facebook page. Read our disclaimer.