Sinigang na Baboy – There’s something about sinigang that makes you wanting it more. The sourness blends perfectly with a steaming rice great for raining days. You can alternate pork, to shrimp or Milk fish (bangus) the difference is using a different sinigang mix since with pork, we notice the gabi (flavor) makes the difference.
Sinigang na Baboy Recipe
- 1/2 kl of Pork Liempo cut into medium Cubes
- 4 to 5 cups of water (times 2)
- 1 pork bouillon cubes
- 1 pouch of Sinigang Mixed(Preferably with Gabi)
- Tamarind Mix
- 1 tsp Patis (Fish Sauce)
- 1 cup of string beans chopped
- 1 cup egg plant chopped
- 1/2 cup radish cut in cubes
- 1 cup kangkong leaves
- 1 bell pepper (red)
- 2 siling labuyo chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 onion
- 3 tsp of salt or according to taste
- In 4 Cups of water I usually boil the meat for 4 5 minutes then strain the water and changeanother 4 or 5 cups of new water to boil. Add garlic, onion and siling labuyo. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes
- Add boulion cubes and sinigang mixed simmer for another 10 minutes.
- Add salt and patis to taste
- Add raddish and eggplant for another 4 minutes till vegetable is cook (do not over cook it)
- Add the remaining vegetables string beans and bell pepper.
- Serve while hot with rice. Happy Cooking!
Some visual and written contents are copyrighted to their respective and considerate owners. We do not claim that these recipes or photos are proprietary to us. If this is yours and you would like it to be removed and not shared with others, please let us know by sending an email to contact @ lutongbahayrecipe.com, you may use our website contact form or by sending a message on our Facebook page. Read our disclaimer.