This is Chicken Sopas (Chicken Macaroni Soup). Chicken Macaroni Soup, also known as sopas, is a soup dish made primarily with elbow macaroni and chicken meat. This hearty soup is quite filling and can really be eaten as a meal by itself. This is perfect anytime you feel like having soup or best eaten during rainy season.
Chicken Sopas Recipe
- 2 ounces ham, chopped
- 1 lb. chicken leg quarters
- ½ lb elbow macaroni
- 4 stalks celery, minced
- hotdog (sliced)
- 1 medium yellow onion, minced
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 large carrot, diced
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 6 cups water
- 1½ cup fresh milk or 1 (14 oz.) can evaporated milk
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Bring the water to a boil.
- Add the chicken. Boil the chicken in low to medium heat for 45 minutes or until tender.
- Remove the chicken and let cool. Set-aside the water used to boil the chicken. We’ll use this later.
- Once the chicken reaches room temperature, shred the meat using your hands. Discard (throw away) the bones.
- Meanwhile, heat a clean large cooking pot.
- Pour-in the butter and oil. Once the butter and oil becomes hot, sauté the onion, carrot, and celery for 3 minutes.
- Add the shredded chicken, sliced hotdog and chopped ham. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Pour-in the chicken broth and the remaining water used to boil the chicken. Stir and let boil. Simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add the elbow macaroni. Cook for 15 minutes. Add more water if needed.
- Pour-in the milk. Stir and let boil.
- Add salt and pepper to adjust the taste.
- Transfer to a serving bowl. Serve.
- Share and enjoy!
Some visual and written contents are copyrighted to their respective and considerate owners. We do not claim that these recipes or photos are proprietary to us. If this is yours and you would like it to be removed and not shared with others, please let us know by sending an email to contact @ lutongbahayrecipe.com, you may use our website contact form or by sending a message on our Facebook page. Read our disclaimer.