Braising is extensively used in Asian cuisines. Braised meat or vegetables are usually simmered in soy sauce, rice wine and other seasonings. Follow the recipe guide below on how you cook this sweetened with pineapple braised pork ribs.
Pineapple Braised Pork Ribs Recipe
- 1 slab/rack of pork ribs, about 1.3kgs
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup vinegar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 1/4 tsp ground peppercorn
- 2 bay leaves
- 3 star anise
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp grated ginger
- 2 cups water
- 2 tbsp oil
- sesame seeds or leeeks, for garnishing (optional)
- Cut the spare ribs between the bone. Wash. Drain.Set Aside.
- In a pan, heat oil. Brown the pork ribs, both sides.
- Add in garlic and ginger.
- Put all the ingredients. Lower the heat. Cover.
- Let simmer for 45minutes to 1 hr or until the meat is tender. Add some water if needed.
- The minced onions also gives a nice thickness to the sauce. When done cooking, there should be a little sauce left (but my daughter loves the sauce, so she wants more of it).
- Garnish with spring onions, leaks, sesame seeds ~ whatever you prefer. I added pineapple chunks.
- This serves 6-8 persons. Enjoy!
Some visual and written contents are copyrighted to their respective and considerate owners. We do not claim that these recipes or photos are proprietary to us. If this is yours and you would like it to be removed and not shared with others, please let us know by sending an email to contact @ lutongbahayrecipe.com, you may use our website contact form or by sending a message on our Facebook page. Read our disclaimer.