This pancit is a favorite Filipino noodle dish that is usually served when you have company. Though time consuming, the end result is always delicious. It can be eaten alone or with rice. Skip the canton noodles if only bihon is desired.
Pancit Bihon with Canton Recipe
- ½ (8 ounce) package pancit bihon (rice noodles)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup chopped cooked chicken
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 2 cups fresh shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 small head cabbage, shredded
- 2 stalks celery, sliced
- 1 carrot, peeled and cut into matchsticks
- 2 cups water
- ½ (8 ounce) package pancit canton (yellow Chinese noodles)
- Soak bihon in a bowl of warm water until soft, about 5 minutes. Drain.
- Heat oil in a large wok over medium-high heat. Saute onion and garlic until onion is translucent, about 5 minutes. Add chicken, salt, and pepper. Cook and stir until flavors combine, about 3 minutes. Add shrimp; cook until they start to turn color, about 1 minute. Add soy sauce; toss in cabbage, celery, and carrot. Cook until well combined, about 2 minutes. Add 2 cups water; bring to a boil. Cook until vegetables begin to soften, about 2 minutes.
- Transfer chicken, shrimp, and vegetables to a bowl, leaving the liquid behind in the wok.
- Add bihon and canton noodles to the liquid. Mix well and cover. Let sit until tender, about 5 minutes. Return 1/2 the chicken-vegetable mixture to the wok; mix with the noodles.
- Pour soup into bowls; garnish with the remaining chicken-vegetable mixture.
Looking for other Lutong Bahay Recipes to try on? Feel free to check out our ulam recipes, desserts recipes and snacks recipes. You can follow the recipe on your own because nothing beats the experience of cooking food at the comfort of your own home.
Some visual and written contents are copyrighted to their respective and considerate owners. We do not claim that these recipes or photos are proprietary to us. If this is yours and you would like it to be removed and not shared with others, please let us know by sending an email to contact @ lutongbahayrecipe.com, you may use our website contact form or by sending a message on our Facebook page. Read our disclaimer.