Honey Barbeque Chicken – It is crispy, sticky, salty and sweet. These chicken are baked and will definitely make you crave for more.
This dish is somewhat similar to Frankies New York Buffalo chicken wings recipe. If you’re a fan of Frankies chicken wings menus and recipes, it is definitely worth a try. So, grab those chicken parts and let’s get cooking. Follow our simple guide below.
Honey Barbeque Chicken Recipe
- 1 kilograms chicken
- 1 cup cassava starch or any flour (i used cassava starch)
- 1 teaspoon cayenne powder
- Salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon celery powder (optional)
- 1 cup BBQ sauce (tetra pack sauce in groceries like Del monte or Mama Sita’s)
- ½ cup honey
- 2 tsp cornstarch + 4 tsp water (dissolved)
- Preheat oven to 218°C (425°F). Prepare a baking tray lined with parchment paper and brush it with little oil or use cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk cassava starch/flour, cayenne powder, salt, pepper, paprika, celery powder (optional) and garlic powder. Rub some salt into the chicken and roll the wings in the cassava starch mixture, shake off any excess.
- Place chicken on a lined baking tray and arrange them out in a single layer. Bake for about 45 minutes on the center rack of the oven, Don’t forget to turn it over halfway through to even out cooking. Bake until skin becomes crispy and slightly brown. Remove from oven and transfer into a wire rack.
- Preheat oven to 260°C (500°F).
- In another bowl, mix the BBQ sauce and the honey. Using a thong, coat the cooked wings into the sauce and toss it a bit and shake off excess sauce. Transfer each coated wings back onto the lined baking tray and arrange them in a single layer apart from each other.
- Bake for about 8 to 10 minutes. Watch out not to burn it. You can remove it as soon as it becomes bubbly and fragrant.
Some visual and written contents are copyrighted to their respective and considerate owners. We do not claim that these recipes or photos are proprietary to us. If this is yours and you would like it to be removed and not shared with others, please let us know by sending an email to contact @ lutongbahayrecipe.com, you may use our website contact form or by sending a message on our Facebook page. Read our disclaimer.