Pork Tocino is one of the typical dish that serves for breakfast. It usually comes with a sinangag rice and fried egg (Tosilog).
Try this easy and simple Pork Tocino recipe for the sweet, savory and tender tocino.
Homemade Pork Tocino Recipe
- 2 pounds pork butt, sliced to 1/4-inch thick
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 2 drops red food coloring
- 2 tablespoons oil
- In a bowl, combine pork, sugar, salt, garlic and red food coloring. Massage meat with curing mixture until well-distributed and evenly colored. Store in a covered container or ziplock bag and refrigerate overnight to cure.
- In a pan over medium heat, add pork including marinade and enough water to cover. Bring to a boil. Lower heat, cover and simmer until meat is tender and cooked through, adding more water in 1/2 cup increments as needed.
- When water is completely absorbed and meat is tender, add oil and cook, stirring regularly, until meat caramelizes. Serve hot.
Some visual and written contents are copyrighted to their respective and considerate owners. We do not claim that these recipes or photos are proprietary to us. If this is yours and you would like it to be removed and not shared with others, please let us know by sending an email to contact @ lutongbahayrecipe.com, you may use our website contact form or by sending a message on our Facebook page. Read our disclaimer.