Tapsilog is our favorite breakfast. Tapsilog is every Filipinos’ favorite. The secret to Pinoys’ beef tapa is the freshness of the meat and lots of garlic. That’s it! Here’s the recipe guide:
Homemade Beef Tapa Recipe
- 1 kilo thinly sliced beef sirloin
- 1 1/2 Tablespoon + 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 7 Tablespoon white sugar
- 2 teaspoon minced garlic (you can add more)
- 1 tsp. ground black pepper
- 2 1/2 tablespoon soy sauce
- 3 1/2 tablespoon vinegar
- Mix well all marinade ingredients in a mixing bowl. Dip each slice of beef into the marinade and place in a plastic bag or any shallow plastic container.
- When all slices has been dipped and placed in the plastic bag/container, pour the remaining marinade over it.
- Seal the plastic bag/container removing as much air as you can from the container.
- Let stand for at least overnight in the refrigerator. You may allow it to “cure” for at 2 days. You may also sun dry the meat pieces if you want your tapa to have that rubbery texture.
- To cook, just fry in little cooking oil. We prefer ours cooked first in a little water. When the water has dried up, that is the time we add oil to fry. This way the tapa is tender and juicy.
It is better if you make several servings of tapa. Let’s say one serving of about ½ kilo per meal. You can save a lot than buying tapa from the grocery stores that are probably made from unsold, thus, not fresh meat.
You may also want to check out this another way of making tapa.
Some visual and written contents are copyrighted to their respective and considerate owners. We do not claim that these recipes or photos are proprietary to us. If this is yours and you would like it to be removed and not shared with others, please let us know by sending an email to contact @ lutongbahayrecipe.com, you may use our website contact form or by sending a message on our Facebook page. Read our disclaimer.