According to Wikipedia, “tofu also known as bean curd, is a food made by coagulating soy milk and then pressing the resulting curds into soft white blocks.” It is very popular in Asian cuisine. Among the popular dishes with tofu or bean curd are stir-fried broccoli and bean curd in oyster sauce, barbecued bean curd, bean curd omelet, bean curd and vegetable soup and a whole lot more. Since tofu has a subtle flavor, it is often used in sweet and sour dishes.
Chicken adobo with fried tofu is another way of cooking adobo. To make this dish, tofu is initially fried until golden brown then set aside. In a pot, chicken pieces are marinated in a mixture of soy sauce, vinegar, garlic, bay leaf, peppercorns and salt. Once the adobo is done, fried tofu is added then simmered for a few minutes. Enjoy!
Chicken Adobo with Fried Tofu Recipe
- 500 gms chicken, cut into serving pieces
- 4 blocks tofu or bean curd, cubed
- 5 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/3 cup vinegar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tsp peppercorns
- 3 bay leaves
- sugar (optional)
- In a pan, heat oil and fry tofu until golden brown. Set aside.
- In a pot, combine chicken pieces, soy sauce, vinegar, water, peppercorns, bay leaves, sugar and salt. Cook over low heat for 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- Once the chicken is tender, add the fried tofu and simmer for a few minutes.
Some visual and written contents are copyrighted to their respective and considerate owners. We do not claim that these recipes or photos are proprietary to us. If this is yours and you would like it to be removed and not shared with others, please let us know by sending an email to contact @ lutongbahayrecipe.com, you may use our website contact form or by sending a message on our Facebook page. Read our disclaimer.