Beef Asado is a rich Filipino beef dish which gains flavor from simmering the beef slowly in a sauce with tomatoes, olives, onion, ketchup, red bell pepper and potatoes.
The beef can be cooked to tenderness a day before, so you can skim off the fat. Do not use pressure cooker for this dish. This is a very versatile dish. It can be served with rice, bread or boiled potatoes.
Beef Asado Recipe
- 3 lbs beef brisket or chuck, thinly sliced
- 1 cup uncooked thick potato fries
- 1 large yellow onion, minced
- 1 (6oz.) can tomato sauce
- 3 pieces dried bay leaves
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 tablespoon salted butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup water
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Melt the butter in a pan and add the olive oil.
- Saute the onion until it becomes soft
- Add the beef. Cook for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Put in the garlic powder, soy sauce, lemon juice, tomato sauce, and water. Stir and let it boil.
- Add the bay leaves and simmer for 40 to 60 minutes (add water if necessary).
- Add the potato fries. Cook for 10 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Transfer to a serving plate. Serve with rice and Enjoy!
Some visual and written contents are copyrighted to their respective and considerate owners. We do not claim that these recipes or photos are proprietary to us. If this is yours and you would like it to be removed and not shared with others, please let us know by sending an email to contact @ lutongbahayrecipe.com, you may use our website contact form or by sending a message on our Facebook page. Read our disclaimer.