Baked ziti is a casserole dish made with ziti pasta and sauce characteristic of Italian-American cuisine. It is a form of pasta al forno. In many recipes, the ziti are first cooked separately while a tomato and cheese sauce is prepared, which may include meat, sausage, mushrooms, peppers, onions, and more.
Bake Ziti Recipe
- 1 lb Italian sausage, browned and drained
- 1 jar pasta sauce
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 box penne pasta, cooked and drained
- 1 tbs garlic powder
- 1 tbs basil
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 2 roma tomatoes, sliced
- 8 slices frozen garlic bread
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Mix cooked sausage, cooked pasta, pasta sauce, water, garlic powder, pepper, basil and parmesan cheese in a large bowl.
- Toss lightly. Pour into greased 9 x 13 pan.
- Place garlic bread slices on top of mixture.
- Cover with shredded mozzarella.
- Dip 8 slices of Roma tomatoes in olive oil, and place one slice on each bread slice.
- Bake uncovered in 400 degree oven for 15 – 20 minutes. Let set for 10 mins before serving.
Some visual and written contents are copyrighted to their respective and considerate owners. We do not claim that these recipes or photos are proprietary to us. If this is yours and you would like it to be removed and not shared with others, please let us know by sending an email to contact @ lutongbahayrecipe.com, you may use our website contact form or by sending a message on our Facebook page. Read our disclaimer.