Chicken Tonkatsu is chicken fillet breaded with flour, egg, and Panko (Bread Crumbs). It is a comfort food rather than a healthy Japanese food, but if you use cuts like chicken breasts or tenders instead of thighs, it can become a little lighter fare. Nonetheless, Chicken Tonkatsu is a delicious and satisfying main dish for dinner.
Chicken Tonkatsu Recipe
- 2 chicken breasts
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup flour
- garlic salt ( or salt and pepper )
- Slice the chicken breasts diagonally by 1/2 inch thick. Rub it with garlic and season with salt (or salt and pepper). Beat the eggs into a bowl until frothy.
- Coat the chicken with flour, shake it a bit to remove excess flour. Then dip it into the egg wash. And toss in a bowl of panko bread crumbs.
- Deep fry in hot oil for 5-7 minutes or until crispy and golden brown. Enjoy with tonkatsu sauce. If you don’t have any, you can simply put a couple drops of soy sauce into ketchup.
- Serve hot and enjoy!
Some visual and written contents are copyrighted to their respective and considerate owners. We do not claim that these recipes or photos are proprietary to us. If this is yours and you would like it to be removed and not shared with others, please let us know by sending an email to contact @ lutongbahayrecipe.com, you may use our website contact form or by sending a message on our Facebook page. Read our disclaimer.