This Ube Turon is another variation of Banana Turon which is a sweet crunchy snack originated from the Philippines. Banana Turon is made up of thinly sliced bananas (preferably saba or Cardaba bananas) and a slice of jackfruit, dusted with brown sugar, rolled in a spring roll wrapper and fried. This recipe is derived from Yummy.ph.
Ube Turon Recipe
- 5 pieces lumpia wrapper
- 3 tablespoons ube halaya jam
- 3 banana, (saba variety), sliced lengthwise (optional)
- Place 1 lumpia wrapper on a clean work surface. Smear center with 1/2 tablespoon ube halaya jam.
- Place 1/2 saging na saba (sliced lengthwise) on the bottom third of the lumpia wrapper. Fold sides to enclose banana, roll, and seal end with water.
- Repeat to make 5 more. Deep-fry until almost completely golden brown.
Some visual and written contents are copyrighted to their respective and considerate owners. We do not claim that these recipes or photos are proprietary to us. If this is yours and you would like it to be removed and not shared with others, please let us know by sending an email to contact @ lutongbahayrecipe.com, you may use our website contact form or by sending a message on our Facebook page. Read our disclaimer.