Whether for fiesta or any special occasion, Embutido is a perfect dish to serve. It can also be a dish that is served on a daily basis since it is easy to prepare and its ingredients are affordable. Here is the recipe and the process of making this Pork Embutido.
Pork Embutido Recipe
- 1/2 kilo Ground pork
- 1/3 cup pickle relish
- 6 slices of luncheon meat, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup grated cheese
- 2 tbsp chopped green bell pepper
- 1/4 cup freshly chopped carrots
- Salt and pepper to taste
How to make Pork Embutido:
1. In a big bowl, put ground pork, sliced luncheon meat, carrots, chopped green bell pepper, grated cheese, raisins, pickle relish and eggs to bind all the ingredients. Add salt and pepper then mix thoroughly.
2. Set it aside for 30 minutes in the fridge.
3. Prepare 6 pieces of aluminum foil sheets; make sure 1 ½ cup of the mixture can fit in each foil.
4. Flatten the mixture in the aluminum foil then roll the aluminum foil then twist the two edges (like candy wrappers).
5. Place the wrapped mixture in the steamer for 45 minutes – 1 hour.
6. Let it cool before placing in the refrigerator.
7. You can serve it as is just slice or you can also fry it before serving.
Some visual and written contents are copyrighted to their respective and considerate owners. We do not claim that these recipes or photos are proprietary to us. If this is yours and you would like it to be removed and not shared with others, please let us know by sending an email to contact @ lutongbahayrecipe.com, you may use our website contact form or by sending a message on our Facebook page. Read our disclaimer.