Try this Putchinta to start earning extra money at home.
- 1 cup cassava flour
- 1 cup + 2 tbsp flour
- 1 ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon lye water
- annatto seeds or atsuete (for coloring)
- 3 ¼ cups water
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoon baking powder
- ½ cup water
- Prepare moulds and brush with oil. Start boiling water in the steamer pot.
- Combine all dry ingredients together and mix it well.
- Add in water, lye water and a few drops of annatto for colouring. Mix it thoroughly using a wire whisk.
- Strain the mixture to remove any lumps.
- Brush the muffin pans or molds with oil and add ½ tablespoon of kutchinta mixture in each mold.Steam for 10 minutes. If the kutchinta gets a little watery on top, make sure to remove the water before adding the puto mixture on top.
- While waiting for the kutchinta, prepare the puto. In a separate bowl, mix all dry ingredients for the puto batter.
- Make a well at the centre of the dry ingredients then add all the liquid ingredients.
- Add melted butter and mix well. Transfer the batter in a jug. Divide the mixture if you wish to add puto colors (optional). Rest for 30 minutes before cooking to activate the baking powder.
- Add 1 tbsp puto mixture into the steamed kutchinta moulds.
- Steam for around 10 minutes. Insert a stick in the middle of the puto, when the stick comes out clean, then your puto is now cooked. Remove from the heat and let it cool down completely before removing from the mould.
- Brush melted butter on your plate. Loosen up the puto from the moulds once cooled down then transfer it into the plate.
Image Source: miss_mantekilya
Looking for other Lutong Bahay Recipes to try on? Feel free to check out our ulam recipes, desserts recipes and snacks recipes.
Some visual and written contents are copyrighted to their respective and considerate owners. We do not claim that these recipes or photos are proprietary to us. If this is yours and you would like it to be removed and not shared with others, please let us know by sending an email to contact @ lutongbahayrecipe.com, you may use our website contact form or by sending a message on our Facebook page. Read our disclaimer.
Leave a Reply