Kalderetang Baka with Beer is a dish traditionally made of stewed goat meat with vegetables and a liver paste. But most people prefer to cook meat alternatives like beef, chicken and pork, because it is more accesible in the market.
Kalderetang Baka with Beer Recipe
- 1 kilo beef brisket, chopped into serving sizes
- 2 tbsp minced garlic
- 2 medium white onions, chopped
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- 4 large tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 2 cups water or beef stock
- 1 bottle beer (preferably San Miguel)
- 2 medium size potatoes, quartered
- 1 medium carrots, quartered
- ⅓ cup sweet peas
- 1 red bell pepper, wedged
- 1 green bell pepper, wedged
- 1/2 can liver spread (optional)
- 1 tsp Tabasco sauce
- 1 tbsp rock salt
- 1 tbsp patis (fish sauce)
- ½ tsp pepper
- In a large pan, sauté garlic and onions in oil over medium to low heat. Add in beef brisket and cook for about 3-5 minutes until slightly brown. Turn off heat and transfer into a large pot.
- In a large pot, transfer beef and add chopped tomatoes, tomato sauce and let it simmer for about 2 minutes. Pour in beef broth, 1 bottle beer and bring it to a boil.
- Let it simmer for about 2 hrs over low heat (until meat is very tender).
- If using pressure cooker it will only take 30 minutes after the whistle starts blowing to make it tender.
- Once the brisket is very tender, you may now add chopped carrots, potatoes, bell peppers, sweet peas, liver spread and tabasco. Season with salt, pepper and patis to taste.
- Let it simmer over low heat until the carrots and potatoes becomes tender.
- Turn off heat. Serve and enjoy!
Image Source: akosiberting
Looking for other Lutong Bahay Recipes to try on? Feel free to check out our ulam recipes, desserts recipes and snacks recipes.
Some visual and written contents are copyrighted to their respective and considerate owners. We do not claim that these recipes or photos are proprietary to us. If this is yours and you would like it to be removed and not shared with others, please let us know by sending an email to contact @ lutongbahayrecipe.com, you may use our website contact form or by sending a message on our Facebook page. Read our disclaimer.
Leave a Reply