If you have lots of mangoes or even over ripe mangoes, don’t put it to waste. Summer time is the best time to make some oh so yummy homemade mango bread. Because its the season of mangoes! This Mango Loaf Bread is very simple, delicious and definitely healthy.
Mango Bread Recipe
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¾ cups white sugar
- ¼ cup butter, softened
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 ½ cups of mango cubes, ripe and sweet
*Extra mango slices for toppings, optional
For the Dry ingredients:
- In a bowl, combine 2 cups of all purpose flour, mix with 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1 teaspoon of baking powder,1 teaspoon of baking soda.
- Whisk it until all ingredients are well combined. Set aside.
For the Wet ingredients:
- Using a hand mixer, cream softened ¼ cup butter (not melted) and gradually add 3/4 cups of white sugar, 1/2 cup of oil and one by one add 3 whole eggs as you continue to beat. Scrape down the sides.
- Add 1 tablespoon of lemon juice and 1 teaspoon vanilla, ½ teaspoon cinnamon powder. Mix until thoroughly combined.
Combine the Wet and Dry ingredients:
- Fold in the dry ingredients with the wet mixture. Add 2 1/2 cups of small cubes of fresh mangoes. This time using a spatula, gently fold it together until just combined but not over mixed.
- Grease your loaf pan with oil or use cooking spray if available. Pour in the mixture and top it with slices of mangoes on top if preferred.
- Preheat oven at 350°F (176°C ) and bake it for about 30 to 35 minutes at the center rack of the oven. Not all ovens are the same. So always keep an eye on what you bake and the aroma will also give you a big hint if you’re in the right track. It should smell so good as it bakes! Insert a toothpick in the center, and if it comes out clean it’s good to go. Transfer the loaf pan into a wire rack to let it cool before slicing.
- Serve and enjoy!!
Looking for other Lutong Bahay Recipes to try on? Feel free to check out our ulam recipes, desserts recipes and snacks recipes.
Some visual and written contents are copyrighted to their respective and considerate owners. We do not claim that these recipes or photos are proprietary to us. If this is yours and you would like it to be removed and not shared with others, please let us know by sending an email to contact @ lutongbahayrecipe.com, you may use our website contact form or by sending a message on our Facebook page. Read our disclaimer.
Leave a Reply