Arroz ala cubana consists of ground beef sautéed with garlic, onion, tomato, green peas and raisins. Diced potatoes and carrots may also be added. Salt and pepper are usually used to flavor the dish. Most people just simply eat it with rice especially if they are eating at home. But in the restaurants, they serve it with fried egg, fried plantain banana and rice. No matter how you serve this wonderful dish, it always ends up being a satisfying meal.
Arroz Ala Cubana Recipe
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1 lb. lean ground beef
- ⅓ cup raisins
- ½ cup water
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ⅓ cup frozen green peas
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- In hot oil, sauté garlic, onions and tomato for 2 minutes. Add beef and sauté until meat is brown, around 5 minutes.
- Add raisins, water, soy sauce and pepper. Simmer stirring occasionally until most of the liquid has evaporated, around 2 minutes.
- Add the peas and oyster sauce; continue cooking until peas are cooked and the mixture is quite dry, around 3 minutes. Transfer to a plate.
- Serve with rice, fried egg and fried plantain banana or just simply with rice, bread or bun.
Some visual and written contents are copyrighted to their respective and considerate owners. We do not claim that these recipes or photos are proprietary to us. If this is yours and you would like it to be removed and not shared with others, please let us know by sending an email to contact @ lutongbahayrecipe.com, you may use our website contact form or by sending a message on our Facebook page. Read our disclaimer.