Kabayan Bread or Pinoy Muffins is a favorite classic muffin bread shaped like sa “Salakot” or pinoy native hat. It is very common in any bakery here in Philippines up to these days.
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup cooking oil
- 2 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp melted butter
- 1/4 cup sugar for sprinkling (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350°F or 176°C.
2. Combine dry ingredients – flour, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
3. In another mixing bowl, combine eggs, milk, oil, and vanilla extract.
4. Whisk until smooth. Add this mixture into the dry ingredients.
5. Grease the muffin pans with butter or baking spray.
6. Transfer the mixture into the greased muffin pans using an ice cream scoop or spoon until half-full.
7. Bake for 15-18 minutes or until brown.
8. Brush with melted butter and sprinkle with sugar (if desired).
9. Remove from muffin pans and cool on wire racks. (Credits: mamasguiderecipes.com)
Some visual and written contents are copyrighted to their respective and considerate owners. We do not claim that these recipes or photos are proprietary to us. If this is yours and you would like it to be removed and not shared with others, please let us know by sending an email to contact @ lutongbahayrecipe.com, you may use our website contact form or by sending a message on our Facebook page. Read our disclaimer.