Tortang Alimasag or Tortang Alimango is a Filipino style crab omelet. This recipe is made from sauteed crab meat with potatoes and set in the crab shell before pan frying and served with rice and dipped in ketchup.
Tortang Alimasag Recipe
- 2 kilos alimasag
- 6 cloves crushed garlic
- 2 medium sized onions, chopped
- 2 medium sized red bellpeppers, chopped
- 2 cups diced potatoes (fried in oil the drained)
- 1/2 cup chopped kintsay or cilantro
- salt and pepper to taste
- 6 eggs beaten
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- Steamed alimasag about 10 to 15 minutes, then let it cool.
- Extract all the meat out of the crabs, set aside. Save the top shells, keep them in the fridge while cooking the rest of the stuffing.
- In large cooking pan, saute garlic until light brown in color.
- Add chopped onion and cook until translucent.
- Add in the crab meat and stir.
- Add the red bell peppers and cilantro, mix and let cook 5 minutes.
- Add fried potatoes then season with salt, pepper. set aside, let it cool
- When the crabs mixtures is cool, add eggs, then mix it well.
- Stuff into crab shells and deep fry in vegetable oil for 3 minutes until golden brown in color.
- Serve with rice and ketchup.
- Share and Enjoy!
Image Source: chryztel
Some visual and written contents are copyrighted to their respective and considerate owners. We do not claim that these recipes or photos are proprietary to us. If this is yours and you would like it to be removed and not shared with others, please let us know by sending an email to contact @ lutongbahayrecipe.com, you may use our website contact form or by sending a message on our Facebook page. Read our disclaimer.