Looking for a sweet and icy dessert to satisfy your cravings this summer? Try this Buko Ice Candy, your kids will definitely love this. You can also earn a decent income if you sell a lot of this in your neighborhood. Just follow our recipe guide below and let us know what have you overcome!
Buko Ice Candy Recipe
- 2 cups buko juice (coconut water)
- 1 pc young coconut, extract meat by scraping into strings
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1½ cups evaporated or fresh milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract (optional)
- Combine cornstarch and buko juice in a saucepan. Stir until cornstarch is dissolved.
- Heat the mixture on medium heat until it starts to boil. Turn the heat to low and simmer for about 3 to 5 minutes, until it thickens like syrup.
- Pour mixture into a large mixing bowl. Add the sugar then stir until it fully dissolves.
- Let it cool down a little bit before adding the remaining ingredients.
- Add in sweetened condensed milk, fresh milk, and the optional vanilla extract.
- Stir thoroughly until well blended.
- Add the coconut meat strings and mix well.
- Test the taste of your mixture and add sugar if needed.
- Using a funnel and ladle, pour the mixture into 5″ long ice candy wrappers (use a pitcher if you don’t have a funnel).
- Tie the top tightly and trim excess plastic from the knot.
- Arrange ice candy in the freezer and freeze.
- Serve and enjoy!
Image Courtesy: livinginthemoment09
Some visual and written contents are copyrighted to their respective and considerate owners. We do not claim that these recipes or photos are proprietary to us. If this is yours and you would like it to be removed and not shared with others, please let us know by sending an email to contact @ lutongbahayrecipe.com, you may use our website contact form or by sending a message on our Facebook page. Read our disclaimer.