Strawberry Sinigang – New twist on the usual Pork sinigang. Try this one and you’ll surely love this.
Strawberry Sinigang Recipe
- ½ kilograms pork belly, sinigang cut (square)
- 1 cup unripe sampaloc (tamarind), boiled
- 1 bundle Kangkong leaves (water spinach)
- 2 medium talong (eggplants), sliced
- 1 labanos (horseradish), peeled and thinly sliced in slant
- 6 cups rice wash (hugas bigas and or water)
- 2 cup strawberries, halved
- ½ cup strawberries, garnish upon serving
- 1 medium tomato, sliced
- 2 pieces Siling Haba (long green chili pepper)
- 2 tablespoon patis (fish sauce)
- Salt and pepper
- In a large cooking pot, pour rice wash (water) and boil pork meat. Cover pot and let it boil and simmer for about 30 minutes to become tender.
- Using a strainer and fork, mashed the boiled tamarind, squeezed out juice and pour into simmering pork. Stir well. (You may also used instant Sinigang mix if boiled sampaloc extract is not available.)
- Season with pinch of salt, patis (fish sauce), pinch of pepper and toss in labanos slices (horseradish). Continue to simmer until labanos slices are cooked for about 3-4 minutes.
- Add in talong (eggplants), tomatoes, siling haba, strawberries and simmer for another 3 minutes.
- Finally, add in kangkong leaves (water spinach) and simmer for another 2 minutes. Cover pan and turn off heat. Transfer in bowl and garnish with strawberries. Serve hot and enjoy!
Some visual and written contents are copyrighted to their respective and considerate owners. We do not claim that these recipes or photos are proprietary to us. If this is yours and you would like it to be removed and not shared with others, please let us know by sending an email to contact @ lutongbahayrecipe.com, you may use our website contact form or by sending a message on our Facebook page. Read our disclaimer.