Spicy Barbecue Chicken Wings – Who’s up for some yummy chicken wings in a spicy homemade barbecue sauce? This sauce is nice and spicy as it is, but if you like it super hot, just more of the Louisiana hot sauce, or your favorite hot stuff.
This dish is similar to the Frankies chicken wings recipe. If you’re a fan of Frankies chicken wings – smokey barbeque flavor, they’re a little bit similar but in this recipe, we added a little twist of spicy by adding chili powder in it. So, grab those chicken parts and let’s get cooking. Follow our simple guide below.
Spicy Barbecue Chicken Wings Recipe
- 1/2 lb Chicken Wings Plus oil needed for deep frying
Spicy Barbecue Sauce Ingredients:
- 1/2 cup Ketchup
- 1/2 cup Water
- 2 tsp Dijon Mustard
- 2 tsp Louisiana Hot Sauce
- 1/2 tsp Chili Powder
- 2 cloves Garlic (minced)
- 1/4 cup Lemon Juice
- 1 Tbsp Brown Sugar
- 2 Tbsp Oil
- 2 Tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 1/4 tsp Cumin
- 1 tsp Black Pepper
- Mix BBQ sauce ingredients together in a large heavy saucepan
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes
- In a frying pan or wok, heat the oil to 375 F (190 C)
- Deep fry a few wings at a time, until they are cooked through, about 10-15 minutes
- Drain fried wings on paper towels
- Once all the wings are cooked, place them in the simmering BBQ sauce
- Stir to coat and serve
Looking for other Lutong Bahay Recipes to try on? Feel free to check out our ulam recipes, desserts recipes and snacks recipes.
Some visual and written contents are copyrighted to their respective and considerate owners. We do not claim that these recipes or photos are proprietary to us. If this is yours and you would like it to be removed and not shared with others, please let us know by sending an email to contact @ lutongbahayrecipe.com, you may use our website contact form or by sending a message on our Facebook page. Read our disclaimer.
Leave a Reply