Lomi is a Filipino dish made with a variety of thick fresh egg noodles of about a quarter of an inch in diameter, soaked in lye water to give it more texture. Because of its popularity at least in the eastern part of Batangas there are as many styles of cooking lomi as there are eateries, panciterias or restaurants offering the dish.
Lomi Noodles Soup Recipe
- 2 lbs lomi noodles
- 2 quarter chicken legs
- 1 small cabbage, chopped
- 1 medium sized carrot, sliced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 tsp minced garlic
- black pepper
- cooking oil
- In a pot, boil chicken until tender. Slice the boiled chicken. Set aside the broth.
- In a pan set over medium heat, sauté onion and garlic.
- Add the chicken. Stirfry for 2 minutes.
- Pour in the broth (add water if broth is not enough). Bring to a boil.
- Then add the noodles and carrots. Simmer for 3 minutes.
- Add the cabbage.
- Season with salt and pepper (according to taste)
- Serve hot.
Looking for other Lutong Bahay Recipes to try on? Feel free to check out our ulam recipes, desserts recipes and snacks recipes.
Some visual and written contents are copyrighted to their respective and considerate owners. We do not claim that these recipes or photos are proprietary to us. If this is yours and you would like it to be removed and not shared with others, please let us know by sending an email to contact @ lutongbahayrecipe.com, you may use our website contact form or by sending a message on our Facebook page. Read our disclaimer.
Leave a Reply