Sopas is like chicken noodle soup except we use pasta – usually elbow macaroni and the broth has evaporated milk.
Spanish Chorizo Sopas Recipe
- 100g Spanish chorizo, sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 shallots or 1 medium red/yellow onion, minced
- 4-6 cups chicken stock (poured 6 cups!)
- At least 2 cups of short pasta (used 3.5 cups pasta of pipe rigate)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 7 Tbsp Evaporated milk
- Parmesan cheese
- Hard boiled egg
- Heat oil in pan
- Sauté garlic until it turns a bit brown then add onion and cook until translucent.
- Add sliced Spanish chorizo and sauté until its oil comes out and becomes a bit toasted
- Add 4-6 cups of chicken stock, let it boil.
- Add pasta and check until it is almost (about 1 minute away) from being al dente.
- Season with salt and pepper. [Add your hard-boiled egg here]
- Add evaporated milk, let it boil then turn off the heat.
- Sprinkle with parmesan cheese and freshly ground pepper then serve.
Tip: Best eaten on rainy days! 🙂
Some visual and written contents are copyrighted to their respective and considerate owners. We do not claim that these recipes or photos are proprietary to us. If this is yours and you would like it to be removed and not shared with others, please let us know by sending an email to contact @ lutongbahayrecipe.com, you may use our website contact form or by sending a message on our Facebook page. Read our disclaimer.